1. The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the tickets/booklets is necessary. Renewal is not permitted, if a demand is pending for the material.
2. If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined ₹. 10/- per day per volume. Overdue fines can be paid in cash at the counter. The KEIC can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue books.
3. Textbook will be issued only for 48 hours and thoes who failed to return in time will have pay overdue charges ₹. 5/- per day.
4. If the borrower leaves Ahmedabad and is not expected to return before the due date for returning borrowed material, he/she should return such material before leaving the city.
5. The reference Books (books having orange tags on them), Journals, Periodicals, Dissertations, Summer Reports and Loose Materials will not be issued out of KEIC, unless for some specific photocopying purpose. In such cases, these materailscan be borrowed for an hour only. Failing to return the same within an hour will attract a fine of ₹. 5/- per hour.